October 31, 2019
The average cost of a data breach for small businesses in the United States is $117,000, which can be devastating for most.
So, what can you do?
#1. Invest in effective endpoint security
- How you protect the corporate network when it’s accessed via laptops or mobile devices
#2. Establish an incident response plan
- How you plan to detect, respond to, and recover from security incidents should be discussed and written out with all involved parties
#3. Evaluate your IT security resources
- Auditing your risk levels associated with enterprise resources and government regultions specific to your industry, and then remediating or mitigating vulnerabilities
#4. Create a strong password policy and implement multifactor authentication
- You should require a minimum of 8-12 characters, with a mix of uppercase and lowercase letter, numbers, and special characters, and requiring password changes every couple of months
#5. Constantly update your policies
- Hackers are always evolving, and the only way to protect your business is to evaluate and recalibrate your security systems often
No clue how to evaluate, develop, and implement these 5 key best practices?